Monday, October 7, 2013

Missing America.

Since I’ve been here, with the exception of the first day or so, I really haven’t been homesick. Until two days ago, when I couldn’t sleep until 4 am due to homesickness. It’s not that I miss Grove City… I miss HOME.  It’s funny though, because though I miss the people, it’s more the small things that I miss.

I miss the beautifully colored leaves of a Pennsylvania fall.

I miss New York City at Christmas, which I realize is a little premature, but that’s what’s in my head right now.

I miss driving.

I miss Henry, my big white pickup truck.

I miss Wawa and their delicious cheap Hazelnut coffee with Irish Cream creamer.  

I miss my library.

I miss little fluffy white mini marshmallows. I can only find pink ones here.

I miss Thanksgiving. Even though we’re having one here, it just won’t be the same.

I miss not having to grocery shop and just having what I need be there because my mother buys all that I need.

I miss chocolate chips in large bags for cookies, since they apparently only sell them in small, expensive packages here.

I miss my family.

I miss my friends. Especially the ones willing to watch movies with me all the time, and eat large amounts of horrible foods. Not that we don’t do that here. It’s just different.

I wish I could walk down the streets of Bethlehem with a pumpkin latte in my hand, kicking the orange leaves beneath my feet and jumping on the extra crunchy ones.

I wish I could stand in AJ’s (my aunt’s) kitchen talking while she gets the Thanksgiving turkey ready, and stare at her delicious pumpkin pies, surrounded by my loud family.


As much as I absolutely love it here, I wish I could be home. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I have those days. Just go out and do something that everyone else will be jealous of, then they will all want to be where YOU are!

    ReplyDelete